INTEGRATIVE BODYWORK – - Promotes relief of chronic aches and pains, joint stiffness, muscle soreness, physical, mental and emotional stress, while enhancing a state of relaxation and an overall sense of well-being. A variety of modalities may be utilized throughout the course of a session, including Swedish massage, Deep Tissue, Myofascial Therapy, Craniosacral Therapy and Acupressure. Each session is uniquely tailored to the client’s needs at the time of the session. One session may be for overall relaxation and de-stressing, while the next may be focused solely on particular areas of pain and tightness. Sessions may also include time spent learning stretching, meditation, and other self-care techniques.
Integrative bodywork can be helpful for relief of:
- Muscular and/or chronic pain
- Anxiety and depression
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Paresthesias and nerve pain
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint pain
LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE MASSAGE – This very light, rhythmic form of massage is designed to promote the healthy flow of lymph fluid in the body. This drainage is essential because the lymphatic system lacks a pump of its own to transport the lymph through the body and must rely on movement, muscular contraction, and massage to flush the fluid. The lymphatic system serves as a central part of the immune system, collecting metabolic waste and flushing it out of the body. By stimulating the lymphatic system, the therapist helps filter and flush sluggish lymph fluid, supports the body's immune system, helps the body heal from surgery, and aids in the body's natural waste removal or detoxification.
Who would benefit from Lymphatic Drainage Massage?
- Surgical patients (such as those with breast cancer surgery)
- Those with mild to moderate swelling/edema (Due to surgery, injury, lymph node removal, dysfunction of lymphatic system, or sluggish lymphatic system)
- Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue sufferers
- Those who have been sick and want to enhance immune system function
- Those feeling tired and low on energy
- Those who want to enhance removal of bodily toxins
CranioSacral Therapy – A very gentle approach to relieving deep pain and tension in the body by releasing restrictions in the fascia and soft tissue that surrounds the Central Nervous System. CranioSacral Therapy can reduce pain from chronic injuries as well as provide relief from migraine headaches, neck and back pain, temporomandibular joint disorder (the inflammation of the joint that connects the lower jaw to the skull) and concussions, as well as having benefits for emotional trauma.